Thursday, February 28, 2019

February 2019


Last block exam [CHECK].
At this point, the semester feels as if it is coming to an end. We have taken our last block exam and preparing to take the NBME SHELF exam in a few weeks. It feels like the end is near and while I am mentally preparing myself for what's to come, I am not ready for this journey at Tulane to finish. It has been extremely eye-opening and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

This month, I wasn't able to get as much volunteering time as I had hoped. I'd like to blame it on the short month, but how much more work could be accomplished with 2-3 extra days? I ended up following my dad on the weekends to help him with teaching Vietnamese and grading papers. It brought me back to the days I used to volunteer at my church to teach Vietnamese.

As my journey at Tulane slowly comes to end, I have started looking for jobs for my gap year. One that truly calls to me is teaching. I have spent a great deal of time since high school tutoring and teaching. While it can be difficult, it is also one of the most rewarding experiences I had the honor of completing. Next week, I have my first interview for a teaching position in early childhood education. I am extremely nervous, but also am very excited to see that things are slowly coming together.

February Hours: 8
Cumulative: 13

No comments:

Post a Comment

April

I cannot believe it! It is finally the end and my time at Tulane is over. I am so glad to have gotten the change to experience the program. ...