Thursday, January 31, 2019

January 2019


It's been a general transition into the new year and the new semester. So far, I am enjoying everything we are doing and I like how many of our electives require us to do presentations. Although I enjoy listening to my classmates present articles on their chosen topics, I am still afraid of public speaking. It is probably my greatest weakness and I am still searching for ways to overcome my fear of the audience. One suggestion given to me was to write an outline of my slides since I did not like notecards due to my tendency to mix them up. Although I do not expect to resolve my fear quickly, I hope that I am able to better address my fears and anxiety of public speaking so that I may tackle these next few presentations.

During my Christmas break, I was able to volunteer at the Goldring Center of Culinary Medicine. It was actually a lot of fun and I learned new recipes that I hope to incorporate into my meals.... someday. My favorite part of this meet was to sit down and talk to the people who attended these classes. One man told me how going to these classes helped change one aspect of his lifestyle and how he's motivated to help his children and grandchildren eat better so that they don't face the same health issues he did.

Quinoa and roasted vegetables (mine) next to fish tacos (not my dish)

Sorry, I forgot to put in my hours the night I wrote this.
Update: 5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

April

I cannot believe it! It is finally the end and my time at Tulane is over. I am so glad to have gotten the change to experience the program. ...