Five months ago, I didn't think I would get the chance to stay home and remain in the vicinity of my family as I embarked the journey of graduate school. I was extremely nervous, but I now feel quite settled into this new dynamic and am enjoying grad school far much more than I expected. Despite being a native, I feel as if I am getting the know the city from a new perspective and it is absolutely exciting. Growing up, I never had the chance the experience the city. I now have the chance the explore the cultural richness this wonderful city has to offer and the food is definitely one of those things.
As of this moment, I am studying for my second block exam and am looking forward to taking the examinations tomorrow. I was not completely satisfied with my first block exam grades and my methods of studying have greatly shifted since then. Since I have been focusing on adjusting to the new challenges of graduate school, I have no volunteer hours to report for the month of September. However, I have been working with Mrs. Linda Silva in the volunteer department at Tulane's hospital across the street from campus. For the remainder of the semester, I will be volunteering at the hospital in the emergency department. I am looking forward to this a great deal as I have had several incidences that have landed me in the emergency room from my childhood to present day; these experiences have ultimately lead me to choose this path in life as I found it quite exhilarating to be in such an intense, decisive environment.
Also, I am currently exploring other service opportunities such as Culinary Medicine.
September Hours: 0
Cumulative Hours: 0
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
April
I cannot believe it! It is finally the end and my time at Tulane is over. I am so glad to have gotten the change to experience the program. ...
-
Last block exam [CHECK]. At this point, the semester feels as if it is coming to an end. We have taken our last block exam and preparing t...
-
This month's volunteering activities were quite exciting as it was extremely reminiscent to when I started volunteering in the 5th grad...
-
Five months ago, I didn't think I would get the chance to stay home and remain in the vicinity of my family as I embarked the journey of...
No comments:
Post a Comment