Wednesday, October 31, 2018
October - Falling Into the Gist of Things
This month, I started volunteering at the Tulane Hospital right across the street from campus. I found the activity significant as I used to visit the hospital very often to visit family members and I genuinely enjoyed being there. My role as a volunteer is fairly simple. For the majority of the time I was there, I answered phones and directed the lines to the respective nurses who were needed. If I wasn't answering phone calls, I would be walking to the rooms to check on patients who needed items such as water, ice, or a cup of pudding.
One of the most interesting things I saw on my first day was a "Code Blue" being called over the intercom. I watched the charge nurse on the floor I was working on rush to where she was needed. She eventually returned with good news. I felt entirely excited for her because she took part in a life-saving event.
I will be returning to 6W every Saturday until the end of the semester and one thing I learned from the first day is that I should bring study material since I the phones don't always ring and Saturdays are usually quite relaxed.
Up Next: Stay tuned for my adventures to Second Harvest Food Bank
October Hours: 8
Cumulative: 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
April
I cannot believe it! It is finally the end and my time at Tulane is over. I am so glad to have gotten the change to experience the program. ...
-
Last block exam [CHECK]. At this point, the semester feels as if it is coming to an end. We have taken our last block exam and preparing t...
-
This month's volunteering activities were quite exciting as it was extremely reminiscent to when I started volunteering in the 5th grad...
-
Five months ago, I didn't think I would get the chance to stay home and remain in the vicinity of my family as I embarked the journey of...
No comments:
Post a Comment