Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April

I cannot believe it! It is finally the end and my time at Tulane is over. I am so glad to have gotten the change to experience the program. My time here was well spent. I forged some amazing friendships and learned new things about myself. Truly, this program has taught me so much and I am more than determined to work even harder to reach my goals. As this program draws to an end, I am currently on the hunt for jobs. Fortunately, I have been granted a few great offers that I am considering as I begin another gap-year. These jobs also center around the service activities I have been taking part in these last few months.

Aside from working part-time as a tutor at Kumon, I also dedicate my weekends to volunteering with Dr. Sridhar to help the younger students. I especially love working at Kumon as it is equally a challenge for me as it is for my students. This experience has taught me that teaching is especially difficult as no two students are the same. Together, my students and I overcame these obstacles. Initially, I found one on one tutoring to be more difficult as my teaching style had to completely change and adjust to one person's learning pace. It is entirely different than teaching a class as I would help my dad on the weekend in the evenings. At first, it was challenging and frustrating, but I quickly adapted and learned how to communicate with each student. Things began to feel more natural and I feel more confident with helping people on a more personalized basis. With this being my last blog post, I'd like to thank you for joining me on my journey in this master's program.

April: 9
Cum: 25

No comments:

Post a Comment

April

I cannot believe it! It is finally the end and my time at Tulane is over. I am so glad to have gotten the change to experience the program. ...