Wow! I feel as if I could finally breathe. With the SHELF exam being over, a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now, I'll be focusing on retaking my MCAT for a more competitive score and improving other areas in my application. I have reached out to my other mentors from my undergraduate studies and they have agreed to meet with me to discuss my future plans. While nothing is solidified, I feel as if I have a greater sense of direction in what I'll be doing. And that's honestly reassuring as it is exciting.
I was unable to complete as many hours as I had hoped this month with the NBME SHELF test being my greatest priority. But I was able to take some time from school and volunteer a few hours at the Kumon Tutoring Center on Earhart. For a few hours on the weekend, I went over subjects such as Reading, English, and Mathematics with the young students. It brought me back to the days I was first learning these seemingly foreign concepts - especially English. English so happens to be my second language. While I didn't struggle to learn it, I now catch myself not completely understanding some of the rules I am expected to teach the students. In a way, this has also been a learning experience for me, too! Math has always been one of my favorite subjects and I enjoy helping students learn it as I get to show them the different ways I learned it and other fun ways to check my answers. Overall, this month has been extremely productive and with Med Pharm being over, I hope to accomplish even more hours.
March: 3
Total: 16
Monday, April 1, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
April
I cannot believe it! It is finally the end and my time at Tulane is over. I am so glad to have gotten the change to experience the program. ...
-
Last block exam [CHECK]. At this point, the semester feels as if it is coming to an end. We have taken our last block exam and preparing t...
-
This month's volunteering activities were quite exciting as it was extremely reminiscent to when I started volunteering in the 5th grad...
-
Five months ago, I didn't think I would get the chance to stay home and remain in the vicinity of my family as I embarked the journey of...
No comments:
Post a Comment